Michael J. Faehner is the founder of Faehner PLLC, based in Oldsmar, Florida. With over 25 years of legal experience, he focuses his practice on estate planning, corporate, and tax law, serving clients throughout the Tampa Bay area.
Michael earned bachelor’s degrees in Finance and History from the University of Notre Dame. He went on to receive his law degree from Valparaiso University Law School, and obtained a Master of Laws degree in taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. He is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. Tax Court, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Michael is a former member of the board of governors and executive committee of the Florida Bar, and served in several significant roles for the association. He has also served in leadership roles for the Clearwater Bar Association, The Florida Bar Foundation, St. Anthony’s Hospital Foundation, SPCA Tampa Bay, and Leadership Pinellas.
Before founding Faehner PLLC, Michael practiced as an associate and senior associate at several prominent law firms gaining valuable experience. He gained additional experience in-house at Raymond James Trust advising high-net-worth individuals and families and businesses. He currently resides in Oldsmar.
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Florida (2005)
- J.D., Valparaiso University Law School (1994)
- B.B.A. in Finance, University of Notre Dame (1991)
- B.A. in History, University of Notre Dame (1991)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Suncoast Estate Planning Council – Member
- Pinellas County Estate Planning Council – Member
- Clearwater Bar Association – Member, YLD Past President, Past President
- The Florida Bar – YLD Past President, Past Governor
- St. Anthony’s Hospital Finance Committee – Member
- St. Anthony’s Hospital Foundation – Past President
- Suncoast Hospice Foundation – Former Board Member
- Jolley Trolley of Clearwater – Former Board Member
- Florida Bar Foundation – Former Board Member
- SPCA Tampa Bay – Former Board Member
- Leadership Pinellas – Past President
- Notre Dame Club of Greater Tampa Bay – Past President